Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sensual Quotes



"True love, to whom my heart is prey, how dost thou hold me in they sway, that in each day I find no fault but daily wait for love's assault."  Pernette du Guillet (1545)  My absolute favorite...so true...too true...

"Return often and take me, beloved sensation, return and take me - When memory of the body awakens, and old desire again runs through the blood; when the lips and skin remember, and the hands feel as if they touch again."   C.P. Cavafy (1709)

"The cry of my body for completeness...That is a cry for you."   Mary Carolyn Davies (early 20th Century)  You know who you are....

"I will allow only my Lord to possess my sacred lotus pond, and every night you can make blossom in me flowers of fire."  Huang O (1498-1569)

"You were once wild here.  Don't let them tame you!"  Isadora Duncan (1878-1927)

"Soon she won't object to fingers that stray under her skirt-hem and linger at her lightly knotted waistband; when her eyes are dreamy and her breathing's harsh, send the servants away."  Mallyana Vatsysyana (2nd Century)

"Thou art to me a delicious torment."  Ralph Waldo Emerson (1847)

"You know that when I hate you, it is because I love you to a point of passion that unhinges my soul."  Julie-Jeanne-Ele'nore de Lespinasse (1774)  One of my personal favorites.

"My slender waist and thighs are exhausted and weak from a night of cloud dancing..."  Huang O (1498-1569)  Oh please take me dancing!

"Some people with great virtues are disagreeable, while others with great vices are delightful."  Duc de La Rochefoucals (1613-1680)

"I'll be a park, and thou shalt be my deer; Feed where thou wilt, on mountains or in dale; Graze upon my lips, and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie."  William Shakespeare (1593)  Another personal fave!

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."  Walter Bagehot (1826-1877)

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!"  Mae West (1892-1980)

"She spoke and loosened from her bosom the embroidered girdle of many colors into which all her allurements were fashioned.  In it was love and int desire which steals the mind even of the wise."  Homer (c. 700 B.C.)

"O love, what strange and wonderful fits: one sole thing, one beauty alone, can give me life and deprive me of wits."  Gaspara Stampa (1523-1554)

"Desire and longing are the whips of God."  Anna Wickham ( 1884-1947)

"Lord give me my chastity, but not yet."  Saint Augustine (354-430)  Amen!!

"What I say is that the supreme and singular joy of making love resides in the certainty of doing evil."  Baudelaire (1821-1867)

"I love your lips when they're wet with wine and red with a wicked desire."  Ella Wheeler Wilcox (1855-1919)

"How can one help shivering with delight when one's hot fingers close around the stem of a live flower, cool from the shade and stiff with new-born vigor!"  Colette (1913)

"Then he began to work in and out, and soon sent a sweet rivulet into the shrine of Venus.  I also felt unspeakable delight and nearly fainted with lust."  Aloysia Sigea (17th Century)

"The raging fire which urged us on was scorching us; it would have burned us had we failed to restrain it."  Casanova (1725-1798)

"His kiss was like white lightning, a flash that spread, and spread again, and stayed."  Henry James (1843-1916)

"She let him come further, his lips came and surging, surging, soft, oh soft, yet on, like the powerful surge of water, irresistible, till with a little blind cry, she broke away."  D. H. Lawrence (1915)

"Desire, even in its wildest tantrums, can neither persuade me it is love nor stop me from wishing it were."  W. H. Auden (1907-1973)

"Blaze with the fire that is never extinguished."  Luisa Sigea (1522-1560)

"Rippling, rippling, rippling, like a flapping overlapping of soft flames, soft as feathers, running to points of brilliance, exquisite, exquisite and melting her all molten inside."  D. H. Lawrence (1928)

"Friends, you are lucky you can talk about what you did as lovers; the tricks, laughter, the words, the ecstasy.  After my darling put his hand on the knot of my dress, I swear I remember nothing."  Vidya (c. 700-1050)

"Love - bittersweet, irrepressible - loosens my limbs and I tremble."  Sappho (6th century B.C.)

"My eyes failed me, my breath came thick, my face was on fire, and I felt my whole body melting.  'Ah! Ah! Ah! My Caviceo, I shall faint away,' I cried; 'Hold my soul - it is escaping from my body!'"  Satyra Sotadica (1660) This is what I call "THE orgasm"...ah, so sweet....

"There may be some things better than sex, and there may be some things worse.  But there's nothing exactly like it."  W.C. Fields  (1879-1946)

"The capacity for passion is both cruel and divine."  George Sand (1834)

"Longing chains me."  Indian Love Song (1883)

"This sets my heart to fluttering in my breast, for when I look on you a moment, then can I speak no more, but my tongue falls silent, and at once a delicate flame courses beneath my skin, and with my eyes I see nothing, and my ears hum, and a cold sweat bathes me, and trembling seizes me all over, and I am paler than grass, and I feel near to death."  Sappho (6th Century B.C)

"He set my heart floating on the honey stream of his words, with his amorous kiss he burnt my lips, and left me utterly alone, and unfulfilled."  Kshetrayya (17th Century)

"By the time you swear you're his, shivering and sighing, and he vows his passion is infinite undying - Lady, make a note of this: one of you is lying."  Dorothy Parker (1927)

"Despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, I have not yet been able to answer the great question that has never been answered: What does a woman want?"  Sigmund Freud (1856-1939)

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other."  Jane Austen (1815)

"When she raises her eyelids, it's as if she were taking off all her clothes."  Colette (1903)

"For passion has come to the verge and leaps headlong to the blind abyss, yet gathers thereby the strength of deeps, and eddies a moment and swirls and sweeps till peril is one with bliss!"  Harriet L.
Childe-Pemberton (late 19th Century)

"It is not enough to conquer, one must know how to seduce."  Voltaire (1743)  How true!!

"I let down my silken hair over my shoulders and open my thighs over my lover.  "Tell me, is there any part of me that is not lovable?'"  Tzu Yeh (c. 3rd-4th Century)

"It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end."  Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519)


2 comments:

  1. there are some of these quotes that I would love to explore in more detail :)

    ReplyDelete